Holiday Gift Guide // Shop Small Businesses This Holiday Season
Christmas is quickly approaching! I can hardly believe it. To think this time last year our apartment was filled with boxes, getting ready to move from Wisconsin to Massachusetts. I'm excited to actually be able to decorate this year! Christmas music and hot cocoa while decorating, It's the best.
Let's talk about gifts real quick. If you know me, you know I love picking out the perfect, meaningful gifts for my friends and family AND that I love supporting small businesses. Now, I'm a pretty big fan of Amazon not gonna lie (2 day shipping, gotta love it,) but nothing beats finding the perfect gifts for your loved ones while supporting a small business.
So, I've gathered a few my favorite shops and makers with you all!
1. Hoxie Organics - For Tracey Hoxie-McHugh natural organic foods were always paramount. She also believed that what goes on your body is as important as what goes into your body. With that in mind, she began to create her own products. Bath salts, scrubs, and soaps made with only a few organic ingredients. After giving them as gifts for years she decided it was time to share these products with the public and with that same small batch, and just like that, all natural process Hoxie Organics was born.
You can never go wrong with giving all-natural products to someone who deserves to pamper themselves. Plus, How cute would these products be in a cute gift basket filled with other amazing products, like the ones below! Click here to see more!
2. Loft Knits - The week Allan and I moved to Massachusetts, we went to the farmer’s market down the street from where we live. That is when I met Erin. I loved all her knits and she seemed pretty cool herself, so I did what most people would do – I followed her on Instagram and stocked her a bit. I wanted to support her business, but since we had just moved, I didn’t have the funds. I decided I could offer to take a few photos of Erin and her knits, though! (these are not the photos I took - Erin took these.) Erin is always knitting in her free time and her product are so well-made and beautiful. How cute would it be to get a mom and daughter matching hats for Christmas? Check out Erins Etsy shop here.
3. Molly Kate Design - This is Michelle. She is a nurse, a wife, a mom to 3, an incredible friend, and the maker behind Molly Kate Design. Michelle started hand-lettering during slow night shifts at work about two years ago - shortly after her daughter, Molly Kate, was born. Michelle has always been a creative, and hand-lettering is how she de-stresses and connects with other creatives. She has a passion for women who are unseen and unheard, and mostly letter things that have encouraged her with the hope of encouraging others.
Michelle is one of the nicest people you will ever meet. I love her mission and I love her products. I want her to hand-letter decorations for every season to put in my home. She has an etsy shop here, with tons of adorable products, and she also does custom orders!
4. Sun & Lace - Briana received her first sewing machine when she was 10 years old. She would sew doll clothes, beanbag chairs, and sleeping bags. When she became a mom, she, of course, started sewing blankets, hats, and clothes for her baby boy. When her son became a toddler she created soft-soled shoes to protect his feet as he learned to walk. Her friends encouraged her to sell her beautiful creations and that is how Sun & Lace was started. Now she sews while her kids are napping.
When I have kids, I'll for sure be buying them these shoes! How many agree that kids usually don't need more toys for Christmas. But leather shoes on the other hand...that is something every toddler needs. There are so many styles to choose from, click here to view them all!
5. Jack & Ella Paper - Jessica turned her love for making cards into a career 7 years ago and now gladly calls it her full time job, but to her it doesn't feel like work at all, because making cards is what she loves to do! She tries to keep her cards simple and environmentally friendly. Though her holiday cards and darn cute, it doesn't stop there. In Jessica's shop I'll find change of address, wedding invites, thank you cards, open house, baby announcements, and more! You really should take a peek, here!
6. Cire' Alexandria - Cire' has had a love for jewelry from a very young age. It wasn't until she started working at an antique shop, restoring jewelry that she got into the art of creating her own wearables. Cire' works with fir, forges metals and lets her imagination run wild! You can find her gorgeous creations here!
7. Fatty Sundays - What started as a family tradition turned into a yummy business in 2010. Sisters Ali and Lauren, along with their Dad (Jeff), Mom (Karen) and sister (Risa), set out to reinvent and modernize the chocolate covered pretzel. They now have over 15 flavors. They also do custom orders for weddings, celebrations and more. This treats would be perfect added to a gift basket or on their own! The mouth watering starts right here!
8. Yeiou paper objects - Yeiou paper objects is a line of 3D paper products, ranging from one-of-a-kind gift boxes to hands-on papercrafting kits that let you make your own little paper creations. Abigail designs and makes everything herself in her home studio outside of Boston, MA. She created these papercraft kits as a way to share her love of paper that is fun, doesn't require any special tools or messy glue, and gets you from start to completed project in under 15 minutes.
I think this would be an adorable way to give a gift OR propose (gentleman ;)) Abigail also make banners and sells gift boxes in sets! Go take a look, here!
9. Lilla Rose - My momma sells these beautiful hair accessories! One year ago my mom was looking for a way to make a little extra income and wanted to sell a product that she loves and believes in. Nothing is worse than someone selling something they don’t love, am I right? What’s great about these is you and your hair can look really put together and pretty, without a lot of effort. These are so simple to use and there are so many pretty designs to choose from. Young or old, thick or fine hair, short hair, long hair (this is starting to sound like Dr. Seuss) – there is something for everyone! Visit her website here!
10. Lipsense - Makeup is another passion of mine. And so Lipsense is actually something I sell because I love it so much and think every woman (especially brides) need it. If you haven’t heard of it, it is a pretty amazing lipstick that doesn’t budge for 4-18 hours. It’s Waterproof, kiss proof, Lead-free, GMO-free, cruelty-free, and vegan. I used to always worry about having lipstick on my teeth while meeting with clients, now, I don’t have that problem and you'll find me wearing it just about everyday. It's the only lipstick I wear now. There are over 35 colors AND you can mix any colors to create even more shades! How cool is that? If you want to learn more, you can head over to my Facebook group here, or send me an email!
What are your favorite small businesses to buy from? Comment below so all can see and so that I can add them to my personal list. I would love to see this blog get shared OR make your own list of small businesses you love and share it with your friends and family. Thanks for reading!