What to Wear for Your Engagement Photos
Engagement Photos are a favorite of mine. Heck, any photos of two people in love are my favorite. Allan and I had our engagement photos taken twice. Both times were so much fun! I do remember going a little crazy on what Allan and I would wear for our engagement photos, though. So I thought I'd share a few tips!
1. Be Comfortable. If you're not comfortable in the clothes you are wearing, it'll reflect in the photos. So wear something that you feel good in, something you can move in, and something that in YOU.
2. Match, but not too Matchy. It's always good to coordinate your outfits, but be careful that they are not too similar. Examples of outfits that work well together: One person wears a print, while the other wears a solid color which can be found in the print. Don't like prints? Try wearing complementary colors, i.e. chartreuse and red-violet, magenta and green, blue and yellow.
3. Accessorize. Accessories can make a world of difference. Guys, makes sure your belt matches your shoes, and maybe try out a bow tie, if you like. Ladies, don't forget jewelry to finish your look! Personally, I'm really into statement necklaces. Not sure what shoes to wear? Bring a few!
4. Bring a second outfit. I love diversity in photos. The easiest way to do that is to bring a second outfit to change into half way through the session. What I recommend is having one dressy outfit and one causal, for variety in the photos!
5. Dress Weather Appropriate. There is nothing worse than being uncomfortably hot or cold while you are trying to take genuine photos. Check the weather ahead of time and dress accordingly. If it's a little chilly, layer up! and if it's hot, you might want to wear a lightweight dress, skirt, shirt or shorts.
6. Most importantly, Relax! Ultimately, it's my job (or your photographer's) to make you look your best! Engagement photos should be fun and carefree. So just relax, be yourselves and enjoy!